Jerrara Power Pty Ltd is proposing to build and operate an energy from waste facility in NSW to process up to 330,000 tonnes of residual household, commercial and industrial waste each year to generate electricity.
Once fully operational, the facility would feed an average of 28 megawatts of power to the grid. This is enough electricity to supply 43,000 homes (based on an average residential home in NSW using 5,100kWh per year).
The project would also include:
• a visitor and education centre
• car park for visitors and employees
• administration building
• parking and hardstand areas
• internal roads
• stormwater and surface water management infrastructure
• fencing and landscaping
• overhead power lines to a 66KV substation
• temporary workforce accommodation facility.
 Monitoring the Electricity Retail Market 2019–2020, Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal